If you don't have a lot of money to start out with your emergency preparation, then this list of free items might be very useful to you. Several companies have started giving away free survival gear...well you actually have to pay a shipping cost, usually only a few dollars, but you are pretty much getting these items at cost.
They give away these items for free because they will try to upsell you on some of their other products. But of course, there is no obligation and so this is a great way to can get plenty of free or low cost survival items to help you prepare yourself for multiple emergencies.
Most of these items are delivered from only a few companies: Ape Survival, Survival Frog, Survival Kit, and Survival Life. The majoity of these items have been offered for free for at least a few years, but really I have no idea how long any of these promotions will last.
The list of over 30 free survival items are below. Some of the items are 'doubles' and are the same product with little variation as they are offered by different companies. But the shipping cost may vary so choose the one that seems best to you.
• EverStryke Match - A waterproof Ferro rod lighter that is good for up to 15,000 strikes.
• Everystryke Pro – A mini lighter that works even if it’s completely submerged in water.
• Fire Laces - Paracord shoelaces with built in Ferro rods for starting a fire.
• Fire Striker - A 4-in-1 tool with a magnesium fire starter, a saw, a compass, and an emergency whistle.
• FireKable - A durable paracord bracelet with a built-in Ferro rod and striker.
• Optic Fire Starter - A credit card sized magnifying glass that works as a fire starter.
• Ghost Vapor Flashlight - A bright, high-quality tactical flashlight.
• Hybeam Poplamp - An LED light that can be used as a flashlight or “popped up” and used as a lantern.
• HyBeam Tactical Flashlight – The original HyBeam mini flashlight that can also be used as a weapon.
• J5 Tactical Flashlight - Another small useful flashlight.
• Hybeam Micro Military Flashlight - A different Hybeam flashlight.
• Emergency Survival Blanket - A Mylar blanket that can be used for staying warm, making shelter, collecting water, and more.
• Israeli Bandages - A compression bandage that is ideal for serious wounds.
• Playing Cards - These aren’t your ordinary playing cards; they also have survival tips printed on them. This is a fun way to review and teach important survival info.
• RFID Blocker - Stop someone from scanning and stealing your credit card information by putting this in your wallet.
• Survival Kit - A 15 item kit that contains some basic survival items plus some fishing gear.
Paracord & Kits
• FireKable Paracord Bracelet - A stylish paracord bracelet with a built in Ferro rod and striker.
• Survival Grenade - A compact survival kit that includes 15 essential survival items tightly wrapped up in paracord that can be used as a key-ring, clip onto your belt or bag
• Paracord Grenade - A survival kit with 10 feet of paracord, a carabiner, a fire starter, tinder, and a mini straw.
• Paracord Survival Kit - This kit comes with a knife, a fire starter, tinder, fishing line, fishing hooks, and more.
• Patriotic Paracord Bracelet - A paracord bracelet in red, white, and blue with a built in whistle.
• 7 in 1 Survival Whistle - A multitool with a whistle, light, compass, thermometer, mirror, magnifying glass, and storage container.
• Auto Safety Tool - An auto bailout tool with a whistle, glass breaker, and seat belt cutter.
• Evac3 Auto Escape Tool - An emergency tool to help you escape a car. Comes with a knife and a glass breaker. (same as above)
• Credit Card Knife - A surprisingly durable knife that fits in your wallet until you unfold it.
• Credit Card Knife (another) - Same model as above just rebranded by another company. Go with whichever is offering cheaper shipping for you.
• EDT Mini Multitool - A mini multitool that comes with a knife, a screwdriver, a can opener, pliers, and more.
• Rescue Card - A multitool that fits in your wallet. It has a knife, a saw blade, a screwdriver, a can opener, a bottle opener, and more.
• Survival Business Card - A wallet-size multitool that includes a knife, screwdriver, wrench, bottle opener, ruler, and more.
Weapons & Defence
• Stinger Spy Pen - A high-quality tactical pen that even writes underwater.
• J5 Tactical Defence Pen - Another pen that can be used as a weapon.
• Strikepen - A functional, stainless steel pen. Discreet yet powerful.
• Knife Belt - Besides holding up your pants, this belt contains a hidden 2.75" knife in the buckle.
Hopefully you will have found some of these emergency items useful. I have ordered a few of them and have been satisfied with their quality. I have found that they would probably be great gifts for someone who goes camping or hunting, or for a kid that is the boy scouts for example.